Upon completion, participants will be able to recognize and evaluate the hazards associated with propane.
- Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) "Green Book" regulations pertaining to propane in Ontario workplaces and work sites;
- The rights and responsibilities of employers and employees;
- Identifying hazards associated with the handling, storage and transportation of propane;
- Safe handling and work practices for working with propane;
- Choosing the right PPE; and more.
The program also includes hands-on training outdoors, consisting of connecting, lighting and disconnecting a torch or heater, and classroom performance reviews.